16 August, 2012

Review: KFC Original Recipe Bites


Seems like fast food chicken merchants just can't make enough little bite-sized things to eat.  Maybe it started with McDonald's and their Chicken McNuggets, which seems to have gone through several recipes in their long life. I don't know - but I do know that virtually everyone who sells chicken sells at least one littlebit version.

And thus we have Kentucky Fried Chicken and their Original Recipe Bites. They're pretty simple: smallish chunks of white meat coated in KFC's Original Recipe breading. Nothing fancy, and they're pretty good: moist, tender, tasty especially if you like Original Recipe, and pop-in-the-mouthable.

Because I figured everyone would want to try them, I picked up a large order of them at the local KFC, which was supposed to be a "ten-piece." I think they may fill the orders by weight or handful or something other than an actual count, though, because when I got them home there were way more than ten of them in the package. That was pretty fortunate, since everyone really liked them and they were gone in no time.

2 comments:

MsMurder said...

Most bite sized chicken is at least trying to be crispy though... and original recipe has always been a flaccid, limp, wimpy sad excuse for a chicken coating to me. It does taste good but I avoid it due to the texture. Were these little bites crunchy at all?

Dave said...

No, they weren't crunchy - it was strictly Original Recipe in all it's Original Flaccidness.