17 March, 2011

Growers Savoury Hot Nuts

Here's another Asian grocery find: Growers brand Savoury Hot Nuts. Who can resist a mouthful of hot nuts, right?  Nah, forget it - I pretty much played out the nuts-in-mouth jokes when I reviewed Everybody's Nuts in February.

Growers nuts are a Philippine import.  They're dry roasted and seasoned, like our own homegrown Planters brand, but the seasoning is decidedly different - kind of curry-like with lots of umami and a hot spiciness that isn't really very strong if you're just noshing a quick handful of nuts, but which grows cumulatively as you chomp through the whole pouch.

And chomp through the whole pouch you will, because they're addicting and inexpensive to match.  This is one of those products that I wish would become better-known so it'd be easier to find.

1 comment:

Biff said...

Hmm. The Meijers in my town just added an Asian section. I'll have to take a look and see if maybe they are carrying this item. I've been meaning to look for anything interesting in that section anyway.